Faster, better cleaning without dismantling...
Standard cleaning operations in the foundry & forging industries involves cooling down and disassembly. Next step would be manual cleaning or bead blasting and reassembly. This is causing substantial downtime when cleaning core boxes / vents, permanent aluminum moulds, semi-solid castings and die casting production equipment.
PolarTech dry ice cleaning technology provides significant improvement in cleaning time and at the same time minimizing damage to equipment thereby reducing scrap products. By implementing PolarTech systems you can achieve up to 50 – 60 % reduction in cleaning time and at the same time increase your cycles between preventive maintenance.
Dry ice blasting is a non-abrasive, non-conductive cleaning method to be used in-situ and even touch-up cleaning are safe and easy.
ROI as little as 3 months has been achieved by using dry ice blasting and at the same time eliminating use of chemicals and sand/bead blasting. This meant exposure to workers of hazardous material/operations was minimized or even eliminated completely.
- Core boxes and vents.
- Die casting toolings.
- Permanent aluminum moulds.
- Semi – solid castings / forging.
- Shell core moulds.
- Refractory coatings.
- Removal of release agents and resins.
- General facility and equipment maintenance.
- Eliminate disassembly of moulds.
- Better and faster cleaning of hot, in situ, moulds.
- Reduce production down time.
- Non-abrasive, no wear / tear to tooling.
- Eliminate waste disposal costs.
- Increase production time
- Environmentally friendly cleaning.